- “Ordoliberal Lessons for Economic Stability: Different Kinds of Regulation, Not More Regulation” (with M. Siems). Governance. An International Journal of Policy, Administration, and Institutions 27(3): 377-396, 2014.
- “Logics of Action and Models of Capitalism: Explaining Bottom-Up Non-Liberal Change” (with J. Etienne). Swiss Political Science Review 20(3): 365-387, 2014.
- “Varieties of Insider Corporate Governance: The Determinants of Business Preferences and Corporate Governance Reform in the Netherlands, Sweden and Switzerland”. Journal of European Public Policy 19(9): 1434-1451, 2012.
- “Like a Phoenix from the Ashes? Reassessing the Transformations of the Swedish Political Economy 1980-2010”. Journal of European Public Policy 19(8): 1126-1145, 2012.
- “The Faces of Liberal Capitalism: Anglo-Saxon Banking Systems in Crisis?” (with S. Konzelmann & M. Fovargue-Davies) Cambridge Journal of Economics 36(2): 495-524, 2012.
- “Strategic Responses to Global Challenges – The Case of European Banking, 1973-2007” (with J. Wilson, M. Larsson, G. Westerhuis). Business History, 53(1): 40-62, 2011.
- “Revisiting the Party Paradox of Finance Capitalism: Social Democratic Preferences and Corporate Governance Reforms in Switzerland, Sweden, and the Netherlands”. Comparative Political Studies 44(2): 184-210, 2011.
- "How Political Institutions Determine Corporate Governance Reforms: The Polity, Law and Corporate Practices in the Case of Switzerland". New Political Economy 15(4): 565-596, 2010.
- “Small States, International Pressures, and Interlocking Directorates: The Cases of Switzerland and the Netherlands” (with E. Heemskerk). European Management Review 5(1): 41-54, 2008.
- “Transformations of self-regulation and new public regulations in the field of Swiss corporate governance (1985-2002)” (with A. Mach, T. David and M. Lüpold). World Political Science Review 3(2): 1-29, 2007.
- “Transformations de l’autorégulation et nouvelles régulations publiques en matière de gouvernement d’entreprise en Suisse (1985-2002)” [Transformations of self-regulation and new public regulations in the field of Swiss corporate governance (1985-2002)](with A. Mach, T. David and M. Lüpold). Swiss Political Science Review 12(1): 1-32, 2006.
- “Le «Rapport Gautschi»: Epreuve de force entre deux visions contradictoires de l’entreprise” [The ‘Gautschi Report’: showdown between two conceptions of the company] (with A. Mach and M. Lüpold). Traverse. Revue d'histoire 3: 140-9, 2005.
- “The Structure of Networks. The Transformation of UK Business, 1904–2010” (with J. Wilson). In The Power of Networks. A Comparative and Historical Perspective, ed. T. David and G. Westerhuis, 2014. British Academy of Management 2014 ‘Best Paper Award’ (business history section).
- “Germany and Sweden in the crisis: Re-coordination or resilient liberalism?” (with G. Jackson). In Resilient Liberalism: in Europe’s Political Economy, ed. M. Thatcher, V. Schmidt. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, pp.313-344, 2013.
- “The 'ordoliberal' variety of neo-liberalism” (with M. Siems). In Banking Systems in the Crisis. The faces of liberal capitalism, ed. S. Konzelmann, M. Fovargue-Davies. Oxon, UK: Routledge, pp. 250-268, 2013.
- “Structural Breaks and Governance Networks in Western Europe” (with F. Ferraro, E. Heemskerk, R. Corrado, and N. Del Vecchio). In The Small Worlds of Corporate Governance, ed. B. Kogut. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, pp. 151-182, 2012.
- “Swiss Corporate Governance: Institutional Change in Law and Corporate Practice” (with F. Widmer). In Switzerland in Europe, Europe in Switzerland. Continuity and Change in the Swiss Political Economy, ed. C. Trampusch, A. Mach; London: Routledge, pp.105-123, 2011.
- “The Swiss Business Elite between 1980-2000: Declining Cohesion, Changing Educational Profile and Growing Internationalization” (with T. David, S. Ginalski, F. Rebmann). In European Economic Elites between a New Spirit of Capitalism and the Erosion of State Socialism, ed. F Sattler, Ch Boyer; Berlin: Duncker & Humblot Verlag, pp. 197-222, 2009.
- “The Clash of Paradigms: Switzerland's Long March towards a Shareholder-Oriented Conception of the Firm” (with A. Mach, T. David and M. Lüpold). In Le gouvernement d'entreprise en Suisse. Dynamiques externes et stratégies internes, ed. J-J Friboulet, D Isakov, D Barbuscia, F Giorgetti; Geneva, Zurich, Basel: Schulthess: pp. 41-67, 2005.
- “Swiss Corporate Governance in a Changing World: Challenges and Reactions” (with A. Mach and T. David). In Wirtschaft in soziologischer Perspektive. Diskurs und empirische Analysen, ed. M Nollert, H Scholtz, P Ziltener; Münster: Lit Verlag: pp. 153-175, 2004.
Consultancy and Research Reports
Obstacles on the Way to Socially Responsible and Sustainable Pension Fund Investment: Some lessons from theory and UK practice, (with S. Blankenburg); report prepared for the UNISON Capital Stewardship Programme, January 2010.
- “Public Law and Private Power. Corporate Governance Reform in the Age of Finance Capitalism”, John W. Cioffi, reviewed in British Journal of Industrial Relations 50(3): 581-583, 2012.
- “Public Law and Private Power. Corporate Governance Reform in the Age of Finance Capitalism”, John W. Cioffi and “Quiet Politics and Business Power. Corporate Control in Europe and Japan”, Pepper D. Culpepper, reviewed in Swiss Political Science Review 17(4): 492-496, 2012.
- “Wer beherrscht die Unternehmen? Shareholder Value, Managerherrschaft und Mitbestimmung in Deutschland”, Martin Höpner, reviewed in Swiss Political Science Review 10(2): 185-8, 2005.
- “Political Power and Corporate Control: The New Global Politics of Corporate Governance”, Peter Gourevitch and James Shinn, reviewed in Swiss Political Science Review 12(3): 135-7, 2006.
- “Measuring Corporate Governance: Lessons from the ‘Bundles Approach’”, Cambridge Centre for Business Research Working Paper no. 438, 1-36, 2012.
- “Varieties of Insider Corporate Governance: Centre-right Preferences and the Determinants of Reform in the Netherlands, Sweden and Switzerland” Cambridge Centre for Business Research Working Paper no. 406, 1-43, 2010.
- "Varieties of Liberalism: Anglo-Saxon Capitalism in Crisis?" (with Konzelmann, S. and Fovargue-Davies, M) Cambridge Centre for Business Research Working Paper no. 403: 1-56, 2010.
- "Does Social Democracy Matter? Corporate Governance Reforms in Switzerland and Sweden (1980 - 2005)", Cambridge Centre for Business Research Working Paper no. 370, pp. 1-115, 2008.
- "Revisiting the Party Paradox of Finance Capitalism: Evidence from Switzerland, Sweden and the Netherlands." Cambridge Centre for Business Research Working Paper no. 372, pp. 1-34, 2008.
- “The Rise and Decline of the Swiss Company Network during the 20th Century” (with T. David, M. Lüpold and A. Mach) Travaux de Science Politique (IEPI University of Lausanne) no.22, pp. 1-70, 2005.